An anodyne, by definition, is something that brings you a sense of soothing and comfort. The comfort we desire (and in some cases need) is unique to each of us. We believe that you deserve shoes that will meet your comfort and style needs, and allow you to maintain an active, healthy and productive lifestyle.
With Anodyne, you genuinely want to wear your shoes. The materials we’ve used and designers we’ve engaged have succeeded in bringing you a product that will effectively address both your aesthetic desires and comfort needs.
- Light Weight Outsole – all day comfort, increased durability
- Padded Collar – an alternative to leather, our collars prevent possible irritation where the material meets your ankle
- Padded Tongue – prevents foot slippage and ensures proper fit
- Lining – we’ve designed all styles with the absolute minimum number of seams. By avoiding excess seams, you lower the risk of possible irritation and complication.
- No Metal – metal can often irritate and damage the skin, and in rare cases, sewing needles and staples may accidentally be left in shoes and, in turn, cause serious damage. Recognizing this potential hazard, we’ve circumvented any such exposure by eliminating absolutely all metal components from our shoes. In addition, every pair of shoes is run through a metal detector prior to shipping.
- Antimicrobial Treatment – in order to ensure our shoes are 100% hygienic, we spray the inside of every pair with our proprietary, Anti-microbial Protectant before shipping. This 100% natural, anti-fungal and anti-microbial process naturally reduces 99.9% of germ, virus, and bacteria exposure.
Each of the following shoe components, carefully incorporated into each design, help maintain the durable structure of the shoe while protecting the feet and preventing potential injury.
- Extra Depth – accommodates for swelling, and placement of orthotic/insert (5/16 in extra depth)
- Protective Toe Box – protects toes
- Shank – adds extra support to arch area of shoe
- Heel Counter – provides maximum foot support by cradling the heel to reduce over-pronation and prevent heel slippage