Diabetic Foot Care
Diabetic foot care starts at home.
Controlling your blood sugar levels can help protect you from long term diabetic foot complications. Daily foot exams, moisturizing your feet, wearing appropriate footwear, socks and orthotic devices can lower your risk of diabetic foot problems. Maintaining an active lifestyle is also important. If there is ever any uncertainty about your feet, call the Mount Joy Foot Clinic & Orthotic Centre to book a diabetic foot screening.
General Guidelines to caring for the Diabetic foot:
- Wash your feet regularly with lukewarm water and soap. Make sure to properly dry the spaces in between your toes.
- Check your feet daily. Use a mirror or ask for help if it is difficult to see your feet.
- Apply a moisturizing cream daily to keep your skin soft. Avoid creams between your toes.
- Wear clean, white, breathable socks and change them daily.
- Wear properly fitted footwear.
Products and Services we offer for people with Diabetes:
- Regular diabetic foot screening and exams
- Advice about taking care of the diabetic foot
- Toenail Cutting
- Callus and Corn Removal
- Ingrown Toenail Surgery
- Wound care and debridement
- Diabetic socks ( Simcan socks)
- Diabetic Shoes ( Orthofeet , Anodyne )
- Creams and moisturizers safe for the diabetic foot. (Biodetic)
What Mount Joy Foot Clinic & Orthotic Centre can do for you.
Our Chiropodist will conduct a complete diabetic foot exam and setup a foot care program specifically for you. Moderate or High risk diabetic feet are best taken care of with regular visits with a Chiropodist to prevent, treat and monitor your feet. Do you have diabetes? Have you had your feet checked yet? Call the Mount Joy Foot Clinic & Orthotic Centre today at (905) 209-8000 or request an appointment for a Diabetic foot exam and we'll call you back right away.