MedX Phototherapy – Low Level Laser Therapy
Phototherapy is an effective, non-invasive, drug-free solution with no know side effects. MedX phototherapy is used in reducing pain and speeding healing by stimulating the body’s natural repair processes at the cellular level. MedX Phototherapy stimulates the body’s natural repair response at the cellular level to reduce pain and accelerate healing.
How Phototherapy Works
Light energy penetrates the skin and is absorbed by all cell types (muscle, joint, blood, nerve, etc.) and is transformed into biochemical energy providing additional energy. Increased ATP production and cellular cascade of events result in enhance healing, pain relief and restoration of normal cell function.
What can Phototherapy be used for:
- General pain control – Decrease or eliminate acute, chronic and palliative pain
- Sports injuries – acute and chronic strains and sprains
- Post-operative conditions – Decrease pain, inflammation, swelling and improve quality of tissue repair
- Compression Fractures – Decrease pain, accelerate healing
- Wounds – pressure ulcers, diabetic foot ulcers, arterial and venous wounds
- Neuropathy – recover some protective sensation and decrease pain associated with diabetic neuropathy
What Mount Joy Foot Clinic & Orthotic Centre can do for you.
Our Chiropodist will assess your foot complaint and determine if MedX phototherapy would be a suitable treatment option for you. If you suffer from acute ankle injuries, sports injuries, plantar fasciitis, Achilles tendonitis, schedule an appointment by calling 905-209-8000.