Sigvaris Compression Stockings
Sigvaris Compression Stockings are medicine you wear on your legs.
Compression stockings provide support to your veins and help the calf muscle pump blood back to the heart. Compression stockings help reduce swelling and decrease the tired, aching feeling that you get in your legs. For anyone dealing with edema, varicose veins, spider veins, chronic venous insufficiency or deep vein thrombosis (DVT), compression stockings are what you need.
Sigvaris has various product lines designed to fit everyone's lifestyle. Sigvaris stocksings can improve your circulation, increase your energy and keep your legs healthy. Your physician, pharmacist or Sigvaris certified fitter can help you determine which Sigvaris product is right for you.
Sigvaris guarantees the compression level in their products for 6 months.
Patients who benefit from compression stockings include:
- People who stand or sit for long periods of time daily
- People who have been prescribed blood thinners
- People who travel frequently or are taking long flights
- Women who are pregnant
- People with a history of Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
- People who have swelling in their legs and feet
- People with varicose and/or spider veins
Healthy Leg Tips for Compression Stockings:
- Avoid sitting or standing for long periods of time.
- Stay active and work out.
- Revitalize your legs with a cool shower or bath.
- Avoid extended exposure to heat.
- Keep your legs elevated.
- Control your weight.
- Wear graduated compression stockings.
What Mount Joy Foot Clinic & Orthotic Centre can do for you.
Our Chiropodist is a Sigvaris certified fitter and will conduct a complete vascular exam and setup a foot care program specifically for you. Our Chiropodist will take the precise measurements required to get a perfect fitting compression stocking and will discuss the various different products that Sigvaris provides. Call the Mount Joy Foot Clinic & Orthotic Centre today at (905) 209-8000 if you need compression stockings. Your can also request an appointment here and we'll call you right back.
Chiropody Services are covered by most extended health insurance plans.
We're open Evenings & Weekends for your convenience!